4/12/20 Update: Submissions are closed. Thank you to everyone who sent pitches!
Dates: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 — Saturday, April 11, 2020
Manor Vellum is now accepting pitches for horror genre editorials from women writers. Research can be for any horror genre topic. Analysis can be from any medium or medium crossover: films, television, books, music, comic books, etc. Creativity is a plus.
This is a paid gig that could transition into consistent appearances. Our current pay rate is $30 for 800–1k words and deadlines are monthly (30 days). Your work would appear on our official Medium page (https://medium.com/@ManorVellum) and on our official website (https://www.manorhq.com/).
We’re looking for editorial pieces. We’re not looking for reviews, news, or industry rumor pieces. To give you an idea of the type of articles we’re looking for, here are examples of our most recent entries:
Connecting to the Grandfathers — Werner Herzog’s Nosferatu
The Deep Guts: Diving into Orca
Disease and Decay: How David Cronenberg Knows What Scares Us
1984: The Death and Resurrection of the Slasher
What to do next:
1. Email your pitch to email@example.com between March 24 and April 11 of this year.
2. Place your proposed article title in the subject line of your email.
3. In 2–3 sentences, give a brief overview and the main point of the article.
4. Add links to previous articles you’ve written and would like to share. No resume is required.
5. Include your name and any social media links you’d like to add. A bio is optional.
We hope to hear from you soon!